The Health Foundation Improvement Science Development Group is a network of international experts from disciplines within the field of improvement science. It contributes to the development of improvement science as an international discipline through the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
The development group is a valuable resource for the Improvement Science Fellows. Fellows have the opportunity to contribute to new publications, take part in online discussions and deepen their understanding of the different disciplines that contribute to improvement science.
The development group is chaired by Professor Paul B Batalden, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, The Dartmouth Institute of Health Policy & Clinical Practice and Community & Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School (watch a video of Paul speaking about improvement science and the development group).
‘The Improvement Science Development Group is aimed at this challenge, inviting international exchange and fostering collaborative development of the leadership of the science of improvement. Fellows in this programme will enjoy the resource and the interaction that this group can bring to their own development.'
Development Group members
- Al Mulley, Director of the Dartmouth Center for Health Care Delivery Science
- Alan Cribb, Professor of Bioethics & Education and Co-Director at the Centre for Public Policy Research, King’s College London
- Alan Willson, Improvement consultant, ABCi team, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Boel Andersson-Gäre, Director of Futurum, the Department of clinical research and education in Jönköping County Council, Sweden. Professor and director of R&D at the Jönköping Academy for Improvement of Health and Welfare
- Bill Lucas, Professor of Learning and Director of the Centre for Real-World Learning at the University of Winchester
- Brian Robson, Executive Clinical Director, Healthcare Improvement Scotland and Health Foundation Quality Improvement Fellow (2008-9)
- Charles Vincent, Professor of Clinical Safety Research, Department of Surgical Oncology and Technology, Imperial College, University of London
- Derek Bell, Professor of Acute Medicine and Director of the NIHR CLAHRC for Northwest London
- Eugene Nelson, Professor of Community and Family Medicine at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice
- Frank Davidoff, Executive Editor for the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Boston
- Hub Wollersheim, MD in internal medicine with a subspecialty in cardiovascular diseases. Associate Professor of Quality and Safety in Hospital Care, deputy head of the IQ healthcare institute at the Radboud University Medical Centre in Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Kaveh Shojania, General Internist and Director of the Centre for Patient Safety at the University of Toronto, where he holds a Government of Canada Research Chair in Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Editor-in-Chief of BMJ Quality and Safety
- Laura Leviton, Special Adviser for Evaluation at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Lloyd Provost, Co-founder of Associates in Process Improvement
- Martin Marshall, Chair in healthcare improvement at UCL
- Mary Dixon-Woods, Professor of Medical Sociology, University of Leicester
- Maxine Power, Director of Innovation and Improvement Science, Department of Health Quality Innovation, Productivity and Prevention team (QIPP)
- Naomi Fulop, Professor of Health Care Organisation and Management, Department of Applied Health Research, UCL
- Nick Barber, Vice-Chair, Director of Research at the Health Foundation and Professor of the Practice of Pharmacy, UCL School of Pharmacy, London
- Paul Batalden, Chair, Professor of Pediatrics, Community and Family Medicine and the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Dartmouth Medical School
- Paul Glasziou, Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine, department of Primary Care, University of Oxford, and Bond University, Australia
- Ross Baker, Professor in the Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation at the University of Toronto