The Health Foundation’s Improvement Science Fellowship programme offers support for fellows to develop their potential to become leaders in the field of improvement science, building practical knowledge about what works to improve healthcare.
This senior post-doctoral Fellowship offers three years’ funding to lead original, applied research dedicated to improving healthcare in the UK, and a unique leadership development programme.
Current and previous Improvement Science Fellows have used the opportunity to develop the expertise they needed to:
- re-position their career in improvement science
- combine in-depth research with continuing clinical practice
- consolidate their research interests and build capacity locally
- make the move from local improvement to national implementation and evaluation.
- Up to five Fellowships were available.
- Fellows will develop original, applied research dedicated to improving healthcare in the UK.
- Fellows will participate in a tailored leadership development programme including action learning sets, coaching and masterclass sessions.
- Over three years, Fellows will receive funding for full-time salary and research costs.
- Fellows will need to demonstrate significant research or improvement in practice experience and have a PhD or MD. We particularly welcome applications from mid-career clinicians who wish to combine research into improvement with continuing clinical practice.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the Health Foundation Improvement Science Development Group, an international group of experts from disciplines within the field of improvement science.
- Applications are now closed.