Eighteen senior health care professionals have been selected to join GenerationQ, the Health Foundation’s leadership programme designed to develop a new generation of skilled and effective leaders to improve the quality of health care in the UK.
The fellowship has a track record of developing leaders who understand how complex health systems work and who inspire others to transform health care quality and bring about sustainable, system-wide change.
The GenerationQ programme equips senior leaders in health care policy, practice and the charity sector, with the skills to drive forward and influence improvements across health care services and organisations.
Fellows will spend 18 months on the fully-funded part time programme to complete a postgraduate certificate in Leadership (Quality Improvement) or diploma. GenerationQ provides an innovative learning experience, to develop fellows’ personal skills and strategies for resilience. It equips them to confront the main challenges facing health care leaders today, and will put into practice a significant improvement project in their organisation.
The Fellowship is delivered in partnership with Ashridge Business School.
The 18 fellows are:
- Ailsa Swarbrick, Director FNP National Unit, Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Andrew Cruickshank, Improvement Clinical Director/Head of Nursing for QI, East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Andy Heeps, Associate Medical Director, BHR University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Anna Mandeville, Psychology Lead for Complex Pain Team and APP Pathway UCLH Foundation Trust and Head of Clinical Health Psychology Community Services Directorate, Oxleas Foundation Trust
- Chunda Hasitha Sri-Chandana, Consultant Anaesthetist and Intensivist and Deputy Clinical Director Elective Care, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Fiona Bell, Deputy Chief Operating Officer/Innovation Lead, NHS Vale of York CCG
- Gareth Adkins, Implementation and Improvement Team Lead, Healthcare Improvement Scotland (Edinburgh) (HIS)
- Jennifer Hill, Consultant Respiratory Physician/Clinical Director, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Justin Tuggey, Clinical Director for Digital Care, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Kenneth James Donaldson, Consultant Nephrologist and Associate Medical Director, Dumfries and Galloway Health Board
- Michelle Hopkins, Head of Patient Safety and Risk, Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust
- Nichola Crust, Head of Nursing and Clinical Governance, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Ruby Smith, Head of Personalisation, South Yorkshire Housing Association
- Sarah Morrish, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Sarah Williamson, Transformation and Organisational Change Manager, Northern Ireland Ambulance Service
- Sean Weaver, Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist, Royal Bournemouth
- Simon Robinson, Paediatric Intensive Care Consultant, Leicester Children's Hospital
- Timothy Taylor, Consultant Radiologist, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust