83.4 KB pdf
- £1.5m available for up to 20 teams to test and develop innovative ideas and approaches to improve health care delivery and/or the way people manage their own health care in the UK.
- Each team will receive up to £75,000 of funding to support the implementation and measurement of the project.
- Teams should demonstrate how their projects will lead to direct benefits or impact on patients.
Innovating for Improvement is now open for applications and closes on 12 noon, Tuesday 4 August, 2015.
As part of our Innovating for Improvement programme we look for projects that aim to improve health care delivery and/or the way people manage their own health care through the redesign of processes, practices and services.
We want to support clinical teams to develop their innovative ideas and approaches, put them into practice and gather evidence about how their innovation improves quality.
Applications can come from any health or health and social care provider organisation in the UK where health care services are delivered free at the point of delivery.
Teams need to demonstrate a clearly identified and convincing problem that they want to address, ie a significant quality issue that is relevant to UK health care. Any potential improvements should be practical and generalisable beyond the chosen health care setting.
Projects must be able to provide robust evidence to demonstrate that their idea is genuinely innovative and corresponds with one of the following four descriptions of innovation:
- Descriptor 1: Innovations with no previous history in any context – they are genuinely new or novel
- Descriptor 2: Innovations transferred into health care from another sector such as another public service body, another industry or non-health related field
- Descriptor 3: Innovations transferred into the UK health care sector from health care systems overseas
- Descriptor 4: Innovations transferred or adapted from one health care setting to another eg social care to health care
As part of our selection process, we will be looking at how innovative the project ideas are.
Please note: The Health Foundation reserves the right to close ahead of this deadline if the programme is oversubscribed.