Scaling Up Improvement Call for Applications 203.25 KB pdf
- £3 million available to support up to seven projects that aim to improve health care delivery and/or the way people manage their own health care.
- Projects need to show how ideas, interventions and approaches that have been tested and shown to be successful at a small scale are able to make improvements at a larger scale.
- Projects run for up to two years and receive up to £500,000 each of funding
- First round of projects began in 2015
- Applications for this programme are now closed.
Scaling Up is our £3 million programme for teams to take successful health care improvement interventions and deliver them at a larger scale.
We look for projects that aim to improve health care delivery and/or the way people manage their own health care.
Projects need to show how ideas, interventions and approaches that have been tested and shown to improve care at a small scale can be delivered at a larger scale.
We are interested in projects that can be sustained beyond the life of the project and have the long term potential for wider adoption across the UK health service.
We are looking to fund projects at a care pathway, health board, clinical network, organisational level or regional and national levels.
Teams’ proposed improvement project must demonstrate how they intend to impact on an identified problem. Interventions must have been already tested in the same setting, been shown to improve care and be ready to be implemented at a larger scale.
Applications were encouraged from any health or health and social care provider organisation in the UK where services are free at the point of delivery.
Please note: Scaling Up Improvement does not support any untested innovative solutions to the problems in health care delivery or quality. New innovation projects are supported through our Innovating for Improvement programme. You can register for email alerts to find out when this programme is open for applications.