Our Scaling Up Improvement programme supports teams to take successful health care interventions or approaches and deliver them at scale, to improve health care in the UK.
The programme supports teams with approaches or interventions that have been successfully tested at a small scale, shown to improve care and are now ready to be implemented more widely.
Each project team will receive up to £500,000 of funding to deliver successful interventions at scale. We fund projects that aim to scale and spread tested interventions or approaches to improve the delivery of health care services.
Selected projects work to make improvements at scale at care pathway, health board, clinical network, organisational, regional or national levels, resulting in direct impact on patient outcomes.
Applications come from teams with a strong track record in large scale change management, quality improvement, patient involvement, measurement and evaluation. Project teams will partner with another organisation that can support spread regionally or nationally.
Benefits for successful teams
- Funding of up to £500,000 for each of the successful projects.
- Protected time to implement an improvement project.
- Opportunities to tap into improvement expertise and tailored coaching support.
- Opportunities to deepen knowledge about evaluation of improvement interventions and the process of adoption and spread.
- Opportunities to connect with other project teams, to strengthen existing networks and develop new networks.
- Opportunities to be seen as leaders in health care improvement and to showcase work to a variety of key stakeholders.