- Do you want to help find solutions to society’s biggest problems?
- Have you ever thought about working for a think tank?
Think tanks are research organisations that develop ideas on a whole range of subjects affecting society. They make suggestions for action, using research, analysis and commentary to inform and influence politicians, policymakers and the public.
Given the recent economic, social and political issues facing the UK, encouraging more diversity in the world of research and policymaking is more important than ever. To contribute to this, a group of think tanks and similar organisations have joined together to hold a webinar for undergraduates to de-mystify the world of think tanks.
This event is aimed at:
- people from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups
- people with work-limiting conditions or disabilities
- young adults with caring responsibilities (including young parents)
- mature students
- people from lower-income backgrounds
- care leavers.
Join us from 16.00 to 18.00 on 24 February 2021 for our Working in the think tank sector online event to find out:
- what think tanks are
- what they do
- what its like to work for one
- what other organisations they work closely with.
We’ll also cover how you enter the think tank world and what you can do afterwards. You’ll also have a chance to talk to people from all the organisations below.