Adam Briggs Senior Policy Fellow
Adam joined the Health Foundation in September 2018 as a public health registrar and is now a Senior Policy Fellow.
Alongside his role at the Health Foundation, Adam is a Consultant in Public Health for three days a week in Oxfordshire, and an Honorary Associate Clinical Professor at Warwick University.
Before joining the Health Foundation, he was a Harkness Fellow in Health Care Policy and Practice in the United States, based at The Dartmouth Institute. His research focused on how accountable care organisations and place-based health systems meet patients’ preventive care needs.
Adam studied medicine at Oxford and his DPhil is in Public Health Economics. As a public health specialty registrar and academic clinical fellow, he had various roles covering policy, practice, teaching, and research. In particular, he worked on modelling the health impact of public health policies, such as soft drink taxes.
For media enquiries please contact the media office.
- Briggs ADM, Fraze TK, Glick AL et al. How Do Accountable Care Organizations Deliver Preventive Care Services. A Mixed Methods Study. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2019;34(11):2451-2459
- Briggs ADM, Alderwick H, Fisher ES. Overcoming Challenges to US Payment Reform: Could a Place-Based Approach Help? Journal of the American Medical Association. 2018;319(15):1545-46
- Briggs ADM, Mytton OT, Kehlbacher A, et al. A health impact assessment of the UK soft drinks industry levy: a comparative risk assessment modelling study. The Lancet Public Health. 2017;2(1):e15-e22
- Briggs ADM, Wolstenholme J, Blakely T, Scarborough P. Choosing an epidemiological model structure for the economic evaluation of non-communicable disease public health interventions. Population Health Metrics. 2016;14:17
- Briggs ADM, Fisher PA, Cooper RF. (Eds) Practising Public Health: A guide to examinations and workplace application. CRC Press. 2015. ISBN: 9781482238655
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
RT @Reema__Patel: *****Job Klaxon! ***** New @AdaLovelaceInst Senior Researcher role on Justice and Equalities, which includes working wit…Follow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more