Benefits of working for us Find out more about our policies on recruitment, learning and development, diversity, and pay and benefits
We believe in appointing the best person for each position while ensuring that recruitment and selection is conducted in a way that is transparent, consistent and effective.
As a growing and changing organisation we will continue to evolve, which may mean that posts will develop and change. We give our staff the opportunity to expand their roles while also ensuring that we are sensitive and fair to all staff.
We run a comprehensive induction programme to help new staff get up to speed and feel at home as soon as possible. We also check back to ensure that you got what you wanted and needed from this process.
For more information, see our current job vacancies.
Learning and development
We are committed to the continuous learning and development of all staff to enable people to develop individual skills and realise their full potential. We aim to engage all staff with a challenging and exciting learning culture and encourage openness, discussion and feedback so we can develop and continuously improve what we do.
Everyone has their own personal development plan with learning needs discussed and agreed by both the individual and the line manager, encouraging staff to take responsibility for their own learning.
Learning and development needs may be progressed in a number of ways including seminars, conferences, training courses, coaching, shadowing, mentoring, networking, internal training sessions, on the job training, in-house expertise, and action learning.
Equality and diversity
At the Health Foundation we believe in a work culture where equality and diversity is important and people are valued, respected and know that they matter. We treat all people equally when recruiting, training, promoting and in our day-to-day work. We recognise that people are different. This creates a culture that is fair and inclusive, harnesses the abilities of all our people and ensures advancement is based on ability and performance.
For more information, read our equality and diversity policy.
Our offices are based at 8 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8AP.
The nearest tube station is Blackfriars (District and Circle lines, Thameslink), with Blackfriars Pier co-located. St Paul's (Central line), Chancery Lane (Central line) and Farringdon (Metropolitan, Circle, and Hammersmith & City lines, Thameslink) are all close by. If you prefer to cycle to work, we have a basement where you can safely leave your bike.
Our office is fully wheelchair-accessible. The entrance to the Health Foundation is on Salisbury Square and our premises is split across the ground and lower ground floors.
Pay and benefits
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and are proud to be a living wage employer. We are committed to paying competitive salaries and also recognise that many people value non-financial benefits. We have a hybrid working policy and offer flexible working opportunities for all staff.
We offer all staff the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday a year (with an additional 3 days given when the office closes at Christmas) plus statutory holidays
- Flexi annual leave, employees have the opportunity to buy up to 3 days of annual leave (in addition to the standard leave entitlement) and the option of selling up to 3 days of unused annual leave
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Income protection scheme following 26 weeks of continuous sickness, or disability
- 10 days of paid carers/dependents leave per annum
- Contributory pension scheme: the Foundation will match and double employee pension contributions up to a maximum employer contribution of 10%
- Death in service benefit of six times annual salary
- 26 weeks full pay for new parents (covering maternity, paternity, adoption)
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid eye tests and up to £60 towards the cost of new glasses or lenses
- Subsidised gym membership or £60 towards the cost of your choice of fitness benefit
- Access to Headspace
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Give as you earn scheme for charity donations
- Funding for job-related development plus corporate learning and development opportunities
- Travel insurance (both business and personal) for employees and family members (this is a taxable benefit)
In addition, the Health Foundation’s social club organises a range of optional social activities, which includes discounted events throughout the year. There is an annual Christmas celebration and an organisation-wide staff away day once a year.