Application form guidance ERP 2018 276.93 KB pdf
- The Efficiency Research Programme is a £1.8m open call for innovative research ideas into issues of efficiency and sustainability that have the potential to make a transformational difference to health and social care provision in the UK.
- Up to £500,000 is available for three to five experienced research teams for projects completed over three to five years.
- The Efficiency Research Programme is now open for applications and the deadline is midday, Monday 24 September 2018.
The programme aims to research ideas on the new ways of thinking that generate new knowledge with a focus on labour productivity and workforce retention within health and social care.
There are two key priority areas for this programme:
- Advance understanding of labour productivity in health and social care to bring about financial sustainability: exploring how innovative research can generate a more nuanced understanding of workforce productivity.
- Advance understanding of workforce retention in health and social care to bring about workforce sustainability: exploring the causality of enhanced retention on performance and patient care outcomes.
We are particularly interested in encouraging innovative research programmes that explore labour productivity and/or workforce retention in health and social care in a non-hospital setting (ie primary care and social care). We plan to fund at least one project with an ‘out of hospital’ focus and also remain interested in programmes of research that are focused on generating new knowledge in secondary care.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the Efficiency Research programme, please go through the following steps to complete your application.
1. Important supporting information
All applicants must read the following documents in full before completing the online application form.
- Call for applications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application form guidance
- AIMS Application guidance
2. The application form
The application form will require you to supply information to meet all the selection criteria outlined in the Call for applications.
Applicants must also provide a declaration of signatures from the lead organisation. This needs to be completed and uploaded to Section 8 of the online application.
All applications must be completed and submitted via our online system AIMS.
Full guidance on accessing, completing and submitting your application via AIMS can be found in the AIMS Applicants user guide. We recommend that you keep a copy of this manual to hand to refer to while you complete your application.
3. Information call
We will hold an information call on Tuesday 28 August 2018, 14:30-15:30. Please register your details if you would like to join the call. Joining instructions and the exact time will be sent to you in advance of the call.
Information calls offer applicants the opportunity to hear more about the programme and ask questions to clarify understanding. You are strongly encouraged to participate in the information call.
The deadline for online applications is midday, Monday 24 September 2018. We will not accept submissions after this date.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 December 2018.
Please note: If you have any queries about the programme or application process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.