Application form guidance ERP 2018 276.93 KB pdf
- The Efficiency Research Programme is a £1.8m open call for innovative research ideas into issues of efficiency and sustainability that have the potential to make a transformational difference to health and social care provision in the UK.
- Up to £500,000 is available for three to five experienced research teams for projects completed over three to five years.
- The Efficiency Research Programme is now closed for applications.
The programme aims to research ideas on the new ways of thinking that generate new knowledge with a focus on labour productivity and workforce retention within health and social care.
There are two key priority areas for this programme:
- Advance understanding of labour productivity in health and social care to bring about financial sustainability: exploring how innovative research can generate a more nuanced understanding of workforce productivity.
- Advance understanding of workforce retention in health and social care to bring about workforce sustainability: exploring the causality of enhanced retention on performance and patient care outcomes.
Each round of the programme has had a specific focus. The latest round of this programme focused on innovative research programmes that explore labour productivity and/or workforce retention in health and social care in a non-hospital setting (ie primary care and social care). Projects will primarily focus on generating new knowledge in secondary care, although some will have an 'out of hospital care' focus.