New research from the Health Foundation provides the first quantitative analysis of how the Patient Activation Measure (PAM) is associated with primary and secondary care utilisation by patients with long term conditions in a large clinical commissioning group in England.
Patient activation describes the knowledge, skills and confidence a person has in managing their own health and care, and the PAM tool is now available through NHS England to over 60 health care organisations across England. Until now there’s been no robust quantitative evidence of the association between someone’s level of activation and how he or she uses the NHS.
This webinar will give commissioners and people with an interest in self-management the chance to:
- find out how health care services are used by people with different levels of activation ie levels of knowledge, skills and confidence to manage their own care
- learn from the experience of a GP using the PAM tool with patients with long term conditions
- Katie Coleman, Vice Chair (Clinical), Islington CCG
- Natalie Armstrong, Professor of Healthcare Improvement Research, University of Leicester
- Sarah Deeny, Assistant Director of Data Analytics, The Health Foundation
This briefing explores the link between how well patients feel able to manage their long-term conditions such as asthma, diab...
You might also like...
Health Foundation response to The Topol Review on preparing the health care workforce for a digital future.
January 2019 Chart of the Month. Between 1997 and 2016, productivity across the UK NHS grew by 20%, at an average of around 1...
Good quality data not only helps patients receive better care, it makes for better research and analysis too
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
@HEconEvSynNCL @NRajBhattarai @NclUni_IHS Many congratulations!Follow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more