- We are seeking people with an interest, expertise and/or experience in improving health and reducing inequalities to be part of our steering group for a new programme of work in Scotland.
- This steering group will help to shape and inform the development of the work, by providing expert challenge and independent scrutiny of plans, policy recommendations and partner outputs.
- Deadline for applications is midday, on Wednesday 10 January 2024.
The Health Foundation report, Leave no one behind published in January 2023 into the state of health and health inequalities in Scotland highlighted concerning trends that indicate a lack of improvement in the decade before the pandemic and, in many cases, widening inequalities, with signs that the most disadvantaged are being left behind.
The Health Foundation is supporting a new Policy Research Unit to deliver a 3-year programme of activity focused on the key role of economic, social and environmental factors in shaping health and driving inequalities.
Building on our previous work, we want to ensure this new programme of work is rooted in Scotland and leads to actionable policy and approaches that can improve health and reduce inequalities in Scotland.
Invitation to apply
To support in this endeavour, we are looking for individuals from a broad range of sectors with an interest, expertise and/or experience in improving health and reducing inequalities, particularly through social and economic drivers of health to help shape the programme of work, maximise impact and inform any related work of the Health Foundation in Scotland.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please follow these steps:
- Read the Call for expressions of interest document for a comprehensive overview of the role.
- Complete an application form including a short written expression of interest (maximum 400 words) outlining why you would like to be involved and what expertise and experience you would bring to the group.
- Submit a recent CV or biography setting out your relevant experience.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than midday, on Wednesday 10 January 2024.
If you have any queries about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.