- We are seeking a partner to undertake an evaluation of our recently established inclusion panel.
- The Health Foundation’s inclusion panel was set up in summer 2020 initially to act as a reference group for teams across the Foundation and as part of our commitment to strengthening the diversity and inclusion work taking place across the Foundation.
- The budget for this work is a maximum of £25,000 (inclusive of VAT and expenses).
- The deadline for responses is 13.00, 7 May 2021.
In line with our mission to improve health and health care for all in the UK and address health inequalities, the Health Foundation has committed to developing an organisational approach to mainstreaming and embedding diversity and inclusion across the organisation.
As part of this commitment, in summer 2020 we created an inclusion panel, with the aim of enhancing our ability to improve health for all – especially those most marginalised – while strengthening the diversity and inclusion work taking place across the Foundation.
The inclusion panel was set up at speed as a proof-of-concept prototype, with a clear and specific remit to meet an immediate short-term need to help shape research questions around the Health Foundation’s COVID-19 research open call in 2020.
The panel is currently managed by a consultancy and led by the Health Foundation’s research team. About 25 individuals have been recruited to the panel from groups that are traditionally marginalised and underrepresented in research.
Evaluation of the inclusion panel
We are seeking to appoint an independent evaluator to provide robust and credible evaluation of the inclusion panel. This evaluation process will aim to identify lessons learned from the process of developing and running the inclusion panel, the enablers and barriers to the success of the panel, the impact the panel has had, and recommendations for how to proceed in developing and improving diversity and inclusion in our work.
The successful evaluator will be expected to conduct a number of interviews and/or focus groups with inclusion panel members, teams that have engaged with the panel, Health Foundation staff who have not engaged with the panel, steering group members and external stakeholders.
They will also need to carry out a desktop review of relevant documents relating to the establishment and running of the panel, and to attend and observe one of the panel meetings. A final report and slide pack setting out the findings of the evaluation will need to be presented to the steering group.
The successful partner will be required to start working with us from June 2021 and the final report will need to be completed by October 2021.
How to apply
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please follow the steps below to complete your application.
- All applicants must read the project specification document in full before completing the specification response form.
- Applicants should email electronic copies of their full proposal plus any accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for proposals is 13.00 on 7 May 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Thursday 20 May 2021.
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday 25 May 2021. The project leader who will be responsible for the project should be present during the interview.
- A final decision will be communicated by 11 June 2021.
If you have any queries about the programme or the application process, please email email@example.com