- Improving care of patients with long-term conditions through self-management support.
- Developing services spanning tertiary, secondary and primary care.
- Builds on earlier successful work to introduce self-management approaches as part of the Co-creating Health programme.
- Project will run to March 2015.
The trust has worked closely with local GP practices, changing services to help people plan their lives and health care. They have also supported self-management courses for patients with diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and training in self-management support for staff across long-term care.
Working with patients and other organisations, the trust is continuing to deliver and support training for patients and clinicians, and to develop services for patients with COPD, stroke, diabetes and heart disease, spanning tertiary, secondary and primary care. They are:
- integrating self-management support into community pulmonary rehabilitation, and driving evaluation of new service models
- testing new person-centred commissioning models, as often used in social care.
These new innovations are being rigorously assessed to see if patients benefit from the novel approaches being taken.
The trust plans to build on what it has learnt from Co-creating Health by maximising opportunities to collaborate with other programme sites. It will also contribute to the Health Foundation’s self-management support resource centre, as well as to learning events and plans to deliver a national conference on self management support.
The trust is also collaborating with recognised expert researchers in the field of self management support to ensure the work performed is published for the benefit of others.
You might also like...
Health Foundation response to ONS data on deaths involving COVID-19 in the care sector, and the...
The pandemic has led to a massive focus on the need to look after the wellbeing of staff. NHS...
Health Foundation response to Understanding Society data on the reduction in treatment for people...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
We’ve partnered with @NHSConfed and @AHSNNetwork to form part of the #NHSReset campaign, and explore how the health… https://t.co/Al8ykU87zGFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more