Health Foundation, Nuffield Trust and King's Fund response to the Health and Social Care Committee's inquiry into Delivering Core NHS and Care Services during the Pandemic and Beyond.
Millions of health and care staff, support workers and volunteers have responded to the needs of those directly affected by COVID-19 and have maintained essential non-COVID-19 services.
As we move beyond the peak of the pandemic, patients, carers, staff and the public will want clarity about plans to resume health and care services and what resources will be needed to do this.
Our joint submission to the Health and Social Care Select Committee sets out five important challenges that will need to be addressed by leaders in government and the health and care system:
- How and when will appropriate infection prevention and control measures be available for all settings delivering care, and what impact will these have on capacity to reopen?
- How will the system understand the full extent of unmet need?
- How will the public’s fear of using NHS and social care services be reduced?
- What is the strategy for looking after and growing the workforce?
- Can the system improve as it recovers?
The Health Foundation, The King’s Fund and Nuffield Trust identify five immediate challenges that...
A timeline of national policy and health system responses to COVID-19 in England.
You might also like...
Care homes have been on the front line of the COVID-19 outbreak, but why have some areas of the...
Health Foundation response to ONS weekly deaths in England and Wales.
New Health Foundation analysis shows extent of regional variations in care home deaths.
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
What would it take to return to meeting the 18-week standard for routine treatments in England? Our latest long re… https://t.co/coaQsqpTPGFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more