Eighteen outstanding health care leaders have been selected from across Europe to join Sciana: The Health Leaders network, an international initiative that brings together health care leaders to address challenges and improve health and health care across Europe and beyond.
The second cohort of members will come together for their first four-day meeting on 10 June 2018 in Salzburg and will have the opportunity to hear from international experts on global health care issues and will collaborate with members on cross-country projects.
The Sciana network launched in April 2017 and is an international collaboration between the Health Foundation (UK), Careum Stiftung (Switzerland) and the Robert Bosch Stiftung (Germany), and delivery partner Salzburg Global Seminar. It enables outstanding leaders in health and health care policy to work together over two years to find solutions to shared challenges being faced in health and health care across Europe.
Against a backdrop of financial strain, demographic change, chronic diseases, and migration, the network provides members with time and space to share insights gained from their own experiences and debate new and innovative approaches to health care and policy, with the potential to make real and lasting change to future health care delivery.
The second cohort includes health policymakers, practitioners, academics, and public sector leaders – with each partner organisation contributing six members each.
Salzburg Global Seminar coordinates and delivers the programmes, and supports members in the running of activities, including leading workshops, and showcasing and developing policy proposals.
Members of the Sciana network cohort 2 are:
- Shela Chok, Chief Clinical Information Officer, Associate Medical Director, Derbyshire Community Health Services Foundation Trust, United Kingdom
- Vinod Diwakar, Regional Medical Director for London, NHS England, United Kingdom
- Ailsa Swarbrick, Director, Family Nurse Partnership National Unit, Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom
- Amit Khutti, Entrepreneur, Co-founder, Dr Ed, United Kingdom
- Robert Klaber, Consultant General Paediatrician, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, United Kingdom
- Richard Lee, Director of Operations, Welsh Ambulance Service, United Kingdom
- Mathias Binswanger, Professor, The University of Applied Sciences Northwestern (FHNW), Political Advisor to the Parliament and the Federal Government, Switzerland
- Jérôme Cosandey, Senior Fellow and Head of Research, Avenir Suisse, Switzerland
- Annamaria Mueller, Head of Office, Cantonal Office for Hospital Services, Switzerland
- Rahel Naef Brand, Nurse Scientist, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- Stefan Spycher, Vice Director-General, Federal Office of Public Health, Switzerland
- Werner Widmer, Economist; CEO, Foundation Diakoniewerk Neumünster, Switzerland
- Annabelle Boettcher, Professor, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Helle Dokken, Head of Nursing Department, University Hospital Göttingen, Germany
- Anne-Marie Engel, Director of Grants, Leading Private Danish Foundation, Board Member, University of Oslo, Innovation Fund, Denmark
- Lutz Hager, Executive Director, IKK Südwest, Germany
- Anja Leetz, Executive Director, Health Care Without Harm Europe, Belgium
- Annabel Seebohm, Secretary General, Standing Committee of European Doctors, Belgium
Find out more about Sciana: The Health Leaders Network: www.ScianaNetwork.org
Read Sciana network cohort 2 member biographies:
Read Sciana network cohort 1 member biographies:
You might also like...
Meeting the Sustainable Development Goal targets on health will require efforts well beyond the health care system. Is enough...
Poll conducted for the Health Foundation in partnership with The King’s Fund, Nuffield Trust and the Institute for Fiscal Stu...
Our recent joint report with the Institute for Fiscal Studies projects the NHS will need 4% annual real growth over the next ...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
WATCH LIVE: @AnitaCTHF will be giving evidence to @CommonsHealth on the implications of the government’s Budget for… https://t.co/ZRZ7EKIxydFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more