Sciana: The Health Leaders Network announced 19 new members have joined its fourth cohort. Members work in European health systems in Germany, Switzerland, and the UK, and represent a diverse set of sectors.
The Sciana Network brings together outstanding health leaders who share a strong commitment to shaping the future of health care landscapes. Sciana Network health leaders bring extensive experience and interest in advancing quality and sustainability of care, universal coverage, and person-centred care at a local level and globally.
Members will focus on key themes at the interface of globalisation, urbanisation, ageing populations, technical innovation and disruption, patient engagement, and the health workforce. They will also assess social determinants, inequities, financial unsustainable health systems, and the need for a greater focus on public health.
As part of its innovative curriculum, members engage in a rigorously guided peer-learning experience. Sciana Network health leaders partake actively in cross-system, cross-border exchange with members within their cohort and across cohorts. With the challenge-based meeting format, teams of cohort four members will define a real health system issue, which they will tackle within their work settings over the next two years.
Due to the risks presented by COVID-19 and the Sciana Network’s priority for the safety of its members, the cohort will now meet for the first time between 18 May and 21 May, 2021. Despite this delay, members of the fourth cohort have already taken part in several of the Sciana Network’s previous webinars, and additional online events are planned for the near future.
This cohort is co-chaired by Ilona Kickbusch and supported by Bogi Eliasen, Director of Health, Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies. They will help shape the Sciana Network’s evolving long-term strategy, network development, communication, and visibility.
Eliasen will also work with the Sciana Network’s Senior Ambassadors David Behan, Bettina Borsch, Edelgard Bulmahn, Heyo Kroemer and Thomas Zeltner, This cohort will also work closely with new Programme Director, Mary Helen Pombo.
Established in April 2017, the Sciana Network is supported by an international partnership between the Health Foundation (UK), Careum Stiftung (Switzerland) and the Robert Bosch Stiftung (Germany) in collaboration with Salzburg Global Seminar.
Members of the Sciana Network cohort 4 are:
- Marc Augustin, Professor of Social Medicine Protestant University of Applied Sciences Bochum, Germany
- Beatrice Beck Schimmer, Full Professor of Anesthesiology and Vice President Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Rishi Das Gupta, Chief Innovation and Technology Officer, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom
- Lorena Dini, Senior Health Systems Researcher and Designer, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Adam Doyle, Chief Executive Officer, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Sussex, United Kingdom
- Jacqui Dyer, Independent Health and Social Care Consultant; Elected Councilor; Co-founder and Chair of Lambeth’s Black Thrive Partnership, United Kingdom
- Andy Fischer, CEO, Medgate, Switzerland
- Nora Kronig Romero, Vice-Director General, Federal Office of Public Health, Switzerland
- Thorsten Langer, Director, Social pediatric Center, Children’s Hospital Freiburg, Germany
- Dunja Nicca, Research Group Leader and Head, Advanced Practices Nurses, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Prevention Institute, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Artur Olesch, Editor-in-Chief, ICT&Health International (Netherlands) and OSOZ (Poland) Magazine; Founder, DigitalHealth.com; Health Tech Influencer on Social Media, Germany
- Anja Oswald, CEO Klinik Sonnenhalde, Riehen; President, Association of Private Hospitals, Basel, Switzerland
- Judith Proctor, Chief Officer, Edinburgh Integration Joint Board, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Bernadette Rümmelin, Chief Executive Officer and Spokeswoman for the Management Board, Catholic Hospital Association of Germany e.V. (kkvd), Berlin, Germany
- Saskia Schenker, Designated Director, Arbeitgeberverband Basel, Switzerland
- Anna Babette Stier, Head of Directorate for Health Protection and Sustainability, Federal Ministry of Health, Germany
- Rupert Suckling, Director of Public Health, Doncaster Council in the North of England; Board Member, Association of Directors of Public Health, United Kingdom
- Timothy Taylor, Clinical Chair for Medicine, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust; Consultant Neuroradiologist, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, United Kingdom
- Nicola von Lutterotti-Scheidt, President of the Board of Trustees, the Max-Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics, Freiburg, Germany
Read Sciana Network cohort 4 member biographies:
Read Sciana Network cohort 3 member biographies:
Read Sciana network cohort 2 member biographies:
Read Sciana network cohort 1 member biographies: