- Senior post-doctoral fellowship for applied research to improve health care in the UK.
- The Improvement Science Fellowship includes a unique leadership development programme and facilitated action learning sets.
- We appoint Fellows with the potential to lead in this field.
This senior post-doctoral fellowship offers three years’ funding to lead original, applied research dedicated to improving health care in the UK.
The Improvement Science Fellowship includes a unique leadership development programme and facilitated action learning sets, enabling Fellows to develop their potential to become leaders in the field and build practical knowledge about what works to improve health care.
Key facts about Improvement Science Fellowships:
- Up to five post-doctoral research fellowships are available.
- We are seeking clinicians, NHS Managers or academics with potential to be the future leaders of improvement science and the essential skills to run major research programmes to improve the quality of health care in the UK.
- Over three years, Fellows will receive funding for full-time salary and research costs.
- Fellows will participate in a tailored leadership development programme including group sessions, action learning sets, individual coaching and the opportunity to work with international experts in improvement science.
- Fellows will need to demonstrate leadership skills and significant research or improvement in practice experience.
- A PhD, professional doctorate or an MD is the minimum entry requirement. We encourage applications from clinicians who wish to combine research with continuing clinical practice.
Read more about our current and previous Improvement Science Fellows and their research projects.
Interested in improvement research funding opportunities?
In January 2018 the Health Foundation established THIS Institute (The Healthcare Improvement Studies Institute), an improvement research institutethat will develop evidence on a massive scale across the NHS about what works to improve patient care.
THIS Institute aims to create a world-leading asset for the NHS and for science by strengthening the evidence base for improving health care.
This builds on our progress in developing the field of improvement science. The Improvement Science Fellowships are now part of this exciting new venture.
If you are interested in funding opportunities for post-doctoral, PhD or senior fellowships, visit the THIS Institute website.