- The guide uses the EAST framework to organise ideas and examples. The core message of EAST is that if you want to encourage a behaviour, you should make it Easy, Attractive, Social and Timely.
- It is action-focused, and features a number of low-tech, pragmatic and manageable activities that can increase the spread of person- and community-centred health and wellbeing programmes.
- The guide is part of the NHS England-funded Realising the Value programme, which seeks to develop person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing. The programme is doing so by building the evidence base and developing tools, resources and networks to support the spread and impact of these approaches.
- This guide offers two things: a framework for understanding and changing behaviour, and real-world examples of how these changes happen in practice
- It is written for people who support those living with long-term conditions, or who help people avoid these conditions using person- and community-centred approaches. This group may include health, care and wellbeing professionals, people in voluntary or community groups, peer supporters, carers, patient leaders and people living with long-term conditions themselves.
- The guide is supplemented by a second action-focused guide – Spreading change – which was written for people who champion these approaches in health and social care, in other statutory bodies and in community-based organisations.
In Realising the Value, Nesta and the Health Foundation are strengthening the case for people taking an active role in their health and care. We are identifying evidence-based approaches that engage people and communities, and developing tools to support implementation across the NHS and local communities.
This guide outlines how the science of behaviour can help people to self-manage their health and wellbeing.
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
‘Ensuring technology-enabled health care works for everyone requires a health and care system focused on conitinual… https://t.co/beHEEQ2wKoFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more