- National bodies should focus on people as well as systems.
- National policies must be coordinated.
- National initiatives have potential but how they are implemented is central to their success.
- A thriving and sustainable voluntary and community sector is crucial.
- A coherent measurement framework can help unlock barriers to person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing.
- National bodies could do more to ensure co-production is embedded at all levels of the system
Realising the Value was an 18-month programme that aimed to consolidate what is known about person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing, and make recommendations on how they can have maximum impact.
This report reviews the wide range of mechanisms that national bodies use to achieve their policy objectives for health and care services.
It sets out how policymakers and national system leaders can remove barriers and support the implementation and spread of person- and community-centred approaches to health and care.