- Research follows on from our What is Revalidation? In Policy and the subsequent What is Revalidation? In Practice work, forming an analysis of the impact of Revalidation on perceptions of medical professionalism with patients and its framing within the national press.
- Conducted by Dr Sam Regan de Bere at the Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry on behalf of the Health Foundation.
- Report incorporating all three phases of this research will be published in December 2015.
The research will be undertaken using methodologies selected on the basis of their suitability to answering the research questions contained in the study:
- literature review (to establish the processes and rationale for PPI in medical regulation in the context of greater patient and public involvement in revalidation)
- thematic analysis of focus group, interview and survey data (to identify public, patient and professional perceptions)
- discourse analysis to identify themes that emerge as gateways and barriers to equitable participation
- Cultural Historical Activity Theory (CHAT) will be used to provide cohesion between the different types of data by modelling the findings against the elements of the activity system. This will provide a rich description of PPI in revalidation over time from which it will be possible to identify potential interventions.
You might also like...
The decisions we make about technology today will have implications for the entire social care system, says Lydia Nicholas, f...
The NHS’s new AI lab needs to focus on the needs of patients and the health system, argue Adam Steventon, Sarah Deeny, Josh K...
Health Foundation response to the Prime Minister’s announcement of funding for cancer screening.
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
Last week we launched our final #FutureHealthInquiry report, marking the culmination of two years’ work on the futu… https://t.co/qCHKzFHnPFFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more