- This programme is now closed for applications.
- Advancing Applied Analytics is a new programme aimed at improving analytical capability in support of health and care services.
- We have £400,000 of funding to support six project teams across the UK over 15 months.
- The programme closed for applications on 25 July 2017.
Good quality analysis and the ability to use information effectively is an essential element in any learning health care system. Analysis can help shape care for individual patients as well as informing decisions for services or across organisations and health systems.
The Health Foundation’s new Advancing Applied Analytics programme aims to improve analytical capability in support of health and care services.
We are looking to support analysts who are working on local innovative and ambitious projects that can demonstrate how they will improve analytical capability in support of health and care services and provide lessons for the wider care system.
We have £400,000 of funding to support up to six good quality projects that:
- improve analytical capability and can show how this will support better care in the future
- are led by a local/regional NHS or social care provider or commissioning organisation including local authorities, though partnerships with other groups and sectors are welcome
- could benefit from funding of up to £100,000 per project for a maximum duration of 15 months.
We are not focusing on specific themes but are willing to consider applications from a broad range of areas, provided these can demonstrate improvements in analytical capability. We are especially interested in projects that address the capability deficiencies we identified in our recent report Understanding analytical capability in health care. For example:
- better understand and structure the problems faced by managers/clinicians
- access and understand the evidence and information that can be brought to bear on a problem
- apply appropriate and robust methods to manipulate information and data
- communicate findings accurately and clearly.