- GenerationQ is a fully-funded leadership development and quality improvement programme.
- The fellowship is an opportunity for senior leaders working in and with the health service (including charity organisations and policymakers) to gain a postgraduate certificate in Leadership (Quality Improvement) from Ashridge Executive Education, with the option of completing an MSc.
- Fellows are sponsored by an appropriate senior member of their organisation who will work with them throughout the fellowship.
- GenerationQ is now open for applications and will close on 10 January 2018.
GenerationQ is our part time, fully-funded leadership development programme for senior leaders from health and health care practice, policy and the charity sector. The programme is designed to equip Fellows with the skills and techniques to lead and deliver improvements across services and organisations. Fellows will be joining a network of skilled and effective leaders who are able to have an impact on improving quality of care beyond their immediate sphere of influence.
The GenerationQ programme provides:
- an intensive, high impact learning experience, including residential leadership forums, the support of individual executive coaching, action learning in facilitated peer groups, the opportunity to engage with systems beyond health and extensive feedback
- the opportunity to put into practice a significant improvement project in the Fellow’s place of work
- the opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, a multidisciplinary group of peers from diverse backgrounds in health care
- academic rigour and recognition.
For those completing a postgraduate certificate or diploma, we anticipate an average of 10–25 hours of personal study per month over the 18 months of the programme. For an MSc, the time period is extended to two years.
Fellows develop personal skills and strategies for resilience and the confidence to address the challenges of leading health care improvement (read more about the current GenerationQ Fellows).
Specific benefits of GenerationQ include the opportunity to:
- work with people from different organisations and sectors
- learn about theories of leadership for quality improvement, and how to apply them
- be supported in delivering a significant improvement project in the workplace.
Benefits to organisations supporting a GenerationQ Fellow are wide-reaching. By the end of the programme, organisations will have:
- benefited from a significant shift in quality as the Fellow applies their new knowledge
- benefited from the skills and insights of a senior leader adept at generating the cultural change necessary to underpin quality improvement
- benefited from an improvement project addressing real-time quality challenges, grounded in organisational priorities
- experienced an increase in excitement and interest within the organisation for improving quality as the Fellow shares their learning and experiments with others.
GenerationQ is fully-funded and all Fellows receive a financial grant to assist them with essential costs, such as travel and accommodation.