We exhibited at the Health and Care Innovation Expo 2016 in Manchester from 7-8 September 2016. This year’s Expo focused on the biggest health and care issues and developments as the NHS Five Year Forward View continues to be implemented.
A Mile in My Shoes
We exhibited our immersive experience A Mile in My Shoes at stand 65. An interactive shoe shop, A Mile in My Shoes invites you to literally step into someone else’s shoes and embark on a mile-long emotional and imaginative journey to see the world through their eyes. The Empathy Museum has teamed up with the Health Foundation to develop a unique collection of audio stories, with the hope of showing the remarkable contribution and challenges faced by those working in, and using, our health and social care system. You can read our Storify from all the visitors to A Mile In My Shoes.
To explore the audio stories online, visit: listen.health.org.uk.
Health Foundation sessions
Health Foundation staff and partners will also be leading a number of sessions over the two-day event:
Realising the value of individuals and communities: delivering Chapter 2 of the NHS Five Year Forward View
Wednesday 7 September, 16:00-16:50, Innovate Stage
- Allan Anderson, Chief Executive, Positively UK
- Michael Connors, Director of Innovation and Academy, Penny Brohn UK
- Jon Rouse, Chief Officer, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Anu Singh, Director of Public Participation and Insight, NHS England
- Debs Taylor, Creative Minds Peer Project Support Officer and Expert, Experience
- Halima Khan, Executive Director, Nesta Health Lab
Person- and community-centred approaches in the NHS Five Year Forward View - what they are and why they matter
Thursday 8 September, 11:00- 11:45, Pop-up University 4
- Francesca Archer-Todde, Service Manager, Being Well Salford
- Chris Dabbs - Director of Innovation, Unlimited Potential
- Don Redding - Director of Policy, National Voices
Improvement analytics: innovation to improve care and efficiency
Thursday 8 September 14:00-14:45, Pop-up University 6
- Adam Steventon, Director of Data Analytics, the Health Foundation
- Martin Caunt, Improvement Analytics Unit - Project Director, NHS England
We will also be holding Q&A sessions at the Health Foundation stand (number 66) with our Realising the Value partners and Data Analytics team following the above sessions.
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
Last week we launched our final #FutureHealthInquiry report, marking the culmination of two years’ work on the futu… https://t.co/qCHKzFHnPFFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more