The Q community
Q connects people with improvement expertise across the UK and Ireland
Q’s mission is to foster continuous and sustainable improvement in health and care. To achieve this, we are creating opportunities for people to come together and form a community – sharing ideas, enhancing skills and collaborating to make health and care better.
Q is a long-term initiative aiming to support individuals and their improvement work. Through this, Q benefits member organisations and the populations they serve. It has been designed to complement and enhance other initiatives and networks. People in the community pool together their knowledge, insights and connections – encouraging collaborative ways of making improvements.
- There are over 3,600 members and the community continues to grow.
- Q is being delivered by the Health Foundation and supported and co-funded by partners across the UK and Ireland.
- Opportunities to join Q are open on a continuous basis.
Who is part of Q?
Q was designed together with 231 founding members. This helps ensure it is genuinely useful to the diverse range of people leading improvement. Q will continue to evolve – being shaped with and by the community as it grows. The community is currently approaching 4,000 members across the UK and Ireland.
The community is made up of a diverse range of people including those at the front line of health and social care, patient leaders, managers, researchers, commissioners, policymakers and others. This boosts the power of Q as a source of innovation and practical problem solving by including a wide range of perspectives.
There are many reasons to join Q:
- Connect, share and learn with people from different disciplines and sectors, from across the UK and Ireland to help create real change.
- Join a diverse community that brings together those from the front line of health and social care, patient leaders, managers, researchers, commissioners and policy makers and others.
- Tap into Q as a source of innovation and practical problem solving.
- Develop your improvement skills and help lead and develop others beyond Q.
- No membership fee.
- Let Q grow with you as your career progresses – participate in ways that fit with your life and improvement priorities
- Enjoy benefits including journals and learning resources, Q visits and inspiring events scheduled throughout the year.
- Get involved in other activities including Special Interest Groups, Q Labs and Randomised Coffee Trials with others in the community.
How to apply
Opportunities to join Q are open. Throughout 2020 we are welcoming applications from people with improvement expertise based anywhere in the UK and Ireland.
If you’re interested in joining Q and would like to know more, please visit the Q website.
Penny Pereira and Ruth Thorlby look at what factors have enabled new levels of ingenuity in frontline staff during the pandemic, speeding up service change and finding solutions to challenging problem...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
'This is another stark warning that the government must urgently reform social care if we are to "build back better… https://t.co/DH38vLE5eVFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more