A new report from Q explores the role of improvement in delivering rapid service change during the pandemic. We summarise the learning and look at how we can build on the progress made.
The Q community
Together, to improve health and care
We are a community of thousands of people across the UK and Ireland, collaborating to improve the safety and quality of health and care. We share our knowledge and support each other to tackle challenges. Together, we make faster progress to change health and care for the better.
Members are at the heart of Q. The community thrives on its diverse range of skills, knowledge and perspectives. We inspire and support each other every day to deliver improvements to health and care. We develop our methods and share insights as we do so. And with a community spanning health, care and lived experience, we find new and inclusive ways for everyone to progress.
Membership of Q is free. Through networking and events, topic-focused groups and collaborative funding programmes, we support members to develop and deliver their day-to-day work. We bring people together through the Q Lab network to learn about specific topics, uncover new insights and develop and test ideas. Our insight and resources are available for anyone to learn, share and support each other. Q provides a flexible way to boost the resilience, capacity and impact of people working throughout health and care where it’s needed most.
Along with our partners and members, we have the reach to bring about individual and collective change that extends far beyond our community. By combining our energy and actions, we multiply our power to create more effective, equitable and sustainable health and care.
Q is delivered by the Health Foundation and supported and co-funded by partners across the UK and Ireland.
Being a member of Q allows you to:
- Connect, share and learn with people from different disciplines and sectors, from across the UK and Ireland to help create real change.
- Tap into Q as a source of innovation and practical problem solving. Benefits include support with publishing your work, Q Visits and inspiring events scheduled throughout the year.
- Get involved in other activities including Special Interest Groups, the Q Lab Network and funding opportunities such as Q Exchange.
- Participate in ways that fit with your life and improvement priorities. Let Q grow with you as your career progresses and be flexible with your time commitment.
- Develop your improvement skills and help lead and develop others beyond Q.
If you’re interested in joining Q, visit the Q website.
30 projects selected for funding through Q Exchange, the Q community’s collaborative grant programme
30 projects have been selected for funding through Q Exchange, the Q community’s collaborative grant programme.
Penny Pereira and Ruth Thorlby look at what factors have enabled new levels of ingenuity in frontline staff during the pandemic, speeding up service change and finding solutions to challenging problem...