Our evidence to the Adult Social Care Committee’s Inquiry on ‘Lifting the veil: Removing the invisibility of adult social care’.
The adult social care system in England has been scarred by longstanding political neglect and underfunding. The government’s current plans for the sector fall well short of what is needed to redress this. Significant additional investment and more fundamental reforms are needed to provide care to everyone who needs it, ensure staff are fairly rewarded, and make other improvements to the social care system in England.
Our evidence focuses on several aspects of the invisibility of adult social care:
- Longstanding political neglect of social care
- Public awareness of care services and how they are funded
- The role of data in understanding the sector
- Care for younger adults
- The status of the sector in the COVID-19 response and impact on people in social care
- Support for unpaid carers.
The Committee’s report will be published on Thursday 8 December.