This final report from the Realising the Value programme draws together key learning and recommen...
- Realising the Value was an 18-month programme that aimed to consolidate what is known about person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing, and make recommendations on how they can have maximum impact.
- This report reviews the wide range of mechanisms that national bodies use to achieve their policy objectives for health and care services.
- It sets out how policymakers and national system leaders can remove barriers and support the implementation and spread of person- and community-centred approaches to health and care.
- National bodies should focus on people as well as systems.
- National policies must be coordinated.
- National initiatives have potential but how they are implemented is central to their success.
- A thriving and sustainable voluntary and community sector is crucial.
- A coherent measurement framework can help unlock barriers to person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing.
- National bodies could do more to ensure co-production is embedded at all levels of the system.