- The paper's calls to action, which could be adopted immediately by local areas or New Care Model programme vanguard sites, include:
- building a consensus on replacing the National Outcomes Frameworks with a simplified cross-system framework
- basing core national outcomes on the health and wellbeing outcomes that are most important to people and communities
- prioritising support for commissioners to build skills, knowledge and confidence to commission for the outcomes that people and communities value
- ensuring widespread use of the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012 in health commissioning.
Realising the Value was an 18-month programme that aimed to consolidate what is known about person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing, and make recommendations on how they can have maximum impact.
This paper makes a series of calls to action to ensure that the approach to understanding, capturing, measuring and assessing value in health and care takes full account of value, as it is experienced and created by people and communities.
The paper also proposes a set of value statements and accompanying pledges.
New approaches to value in health and care was written for those seeking to add value to people’s lives and mobilise the value that people and communities themselves can create for health and wellbeing.
This final report from the Realising the Value programme puts forward ten key actions – focused both...
In Realising the Value, Nesta and the Health Foundation are strengthening the case for people taking...
You might also like...
Health Foundation response to the government’s new Artificial Intelligence Award for health and...
A new £2.1m programme for partnerships developing collaborative communities where people, families,...
Research shows 88% of autistic people do not think their needs are understood by health...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
'It's clear the health and care system depends on its international staff to help fix the mess it’s in.' Last yea… https://t.co/9xjYEy9bRkFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more