- This thought paper is the result of a week-long study tour to India, facilitated by the International Partnership for Innovative Healthcare Delivery (IPIHD).
- The Health Foundation and representatives of the UK health system were among the tour participants and this thought paper presents their reflections on the lessons from the tour – and what they might mean for healthcare in the UK.
The tour was intended for senior leaders of healthcare systems and industry to learn from what is working in healthcare delivery. The tour provided an inside view of two specialist healthcare systems and two networks of care in Bangalore and Hyderabad. It was designed to explore new models that challenge the assumptions that can be taken for granted. Participants saw first-hand how innovation can drive quality and efficiency simultaneously.
The sites visited were:
- Narayana Health - provides high quality, affordable cardiac care
- Vaatsalya - provides affordable and accessible primary and secondary healthcare services
- LifeSpring - provides maternity care for between a third and a fifth of the cost of private hospitals
- LV Prasad Eye Institute - provides world-class eye care and 50% of its care is provided free.
You might also like...
Health Foundation response to Age UK report, ‘The Health and Care of Older People in England 2019’.
A longitudinal study
This project will use analytics from PathAnalyse to support senior staff to understand current processes, and identify scenar...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
Workforce is the make or break issue for the NHS. Our analysis finds that nursing shortages continue to deepen, w… https://t.co/HTb0h1IHZFFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more