Download our recent annual reports and financial statements.
Our board of governors is responsible for the strategic direction and overall governance of the Foundation, including the stewardship of our finances.
Led by Sir Alan Langlands, the board meets four times a year to set strategic direction and goals, review performance and approve operating plans and budgets. It is also responsible for ensuring the Foundation complies with its statutory responsibilities as a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
We place great emphasis on governance and accountability including measures to ensure:
- robust and standardised governor recruitment and induction processes
- limited terms of appointment
- transparent authorities and terms of reference
- explicit conflicts of interest policy
- robust risk management
- corporate committees including independent members where relevant
- board performance reviews.
The partnership between the board and staff is integral to our success. To help ensure governors are as effective as possible we aim to have a balanced mix of skills and experience on the board.
Governors are initially appointed for a term of five years, following which they may be reappointed for a further four years.