- We are seeking a supplier to develop case studies of integrated models of chronic disease care at the primary-secondary care interface in non-UK OECD countries that offer potentially valuable learning for improving services in the UK.
- We anticipate bids of up to £90,000 (inclusive of VAT and expenses).
- The deadline for responses is midday, Friday 30 June 2023.
The Health Foundation is working on a research project to generate case studies of international examples of integrated models of chronic disease care at the primary-secondary care interface that have the potential to deliver improvements in health care quality in comparison to current practice in the UK, including more efficient resource use and service utilisation
We are seeking a supplier to work with us on this research project and develop between 6-8 case studies.
The research will take a mixed methods approach. It will include review of peer-reviewed and grey literature, as well as engagement with international stakeholders.
There is potential for this research project to lead to additional follow-on work to further explore the potential for translating these care models to the NHS context, or to extend this research approach to other aspects of health and social care.
The role of the supplier
The supplier will be required to:
- undertake a review of academic and grey literature, including relevant non-English language literature, to identify promising care models for further investigation and inclusion in case studies
- carry out stakeholder interviews with relevant international health care leaders/practitioners to identify and explore care models and enablers and barriers to successful implementation and delivery of these models.
The deliverables required will be:
- A written report containing a series of 6–8 case studies illustrating integrated models of chronic disease care at the primary-secondary care interface.
- A technical report detailing, for example, methods used, literature examined, care models identified, and interview guide and findings.
How to apply
Please follow these steps to complete your application:
- Read the Invitation to tender for full details of the tender response requirements and selection criteria.
- If you have any queries about the application process which are not addressed in the Invitation to tender or the FAQ document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please complete your application via our online portal by midday, Friday 30 June 2023.
Interviews will be held between Monday 24 July and Friday 28 July 2023.
We will communicate the final decision by the week commencing 14 August 2023.
The start date is to be agreed following the final decision and would be as soon as practicable. The research and deliverables should be completed by the end of May 2024.