- The guide uses the EAST framework to organise ideas and examples. The core message of EAST is that if you want to encourage a behaviour, you should make it Easy, Attractive, Social and Timely.
- It features a number of low-tech, pragmatic and manageable activities which can increase the reach of person- and community-centred health and wellbeing programmes.
- It is part of the NHS England-funded Realising the Value programme, which seeks to develop person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing. The programme is doing so by building the evidence base and developing tools, resources and networks to support the spread and impact of these approaches.
- The guide is aimed at people who champion these approaches in health and social care, in other statutory bodies and in community-based organisations.
- It is supplemented by a second action-focused guide, Supporting self-management, which is written for people who support those living with long-term conditions, or who help people avoid these conditions using person- and community-centred approaches.
In Realising the Value, Nesta and the Health Foundation are strengthening the case for people taking an active role in their health and care. We are identifying evidence-based approaches that engage people and communities, and developing tools to support implementation across the NHS and local communities.
This guide outlines how behavioural science can help promote the take-up of person- and community-centred approaches to health and wellbeing.
This guide outlines how the science of behaviour can help people to self-manage their health and wellbeing.
Drawing on robust studies of what influences behaviour, this report sets out a number of factors that can lead to greater inv...
Explores the value of people and communities at the heart of health, in support of the NHS Five Year Forward View vision to d...
You might also like...Go to the Realising the Value website
Empowering prescribers to empower patients and fellow professionals: a novel approach to safe, person-centred practice
This project is aiming to improve the experiences of inpatients on insulin and the education of foundation trainees.
This project is aiming to design a human-centred model of care in postnatal services, to better meet women and their families...
This project use data analysis to identify healthy patients with new or changing symptoms who may benefit from continuity, an...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
Urgent action is needed to prevent the health and care workforce crisis from worsening dramatically. Our new repo… https://t.co/3uut4mPKb6Follow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more