- The guide uses the EAST framework to organise ideas and examples. The core message of EAST is that if you want to encourage a behaviour, you should make it Easy, Attractive, Social and Timely.
- It features a number of low-tech, pragmatic and manageable activities which can increase the reach of person- and community-centred health and wellbeing programmes.
- It is part of the NHS England-funded Realising the Value programme, which seeks to develop person- and community-centred approaches for health and wellbeing. The programme is doing so by building the evidence base and developing tools, resources and networks to support the spread and impact of these approaches.
- The guide is aimed at people who champion these approaches in health and social care, in other statutory bodies and in community-based organisations.
- It is supplemented by a second action-focused guide, Supporting self-management, which is written for people who support those living with long-term conditions, or who help people avoid these conditions using person- and community-centred approaches.
In Realising the Value, Nesta and the Health Foundation are strengthening the case for people taking an active role in their health and care. We are identifying evidence-based approaches that engage people and communities, and developing tools to support implementation across the NHS and local communities.
This guide outlines how behavioural science can help promote the take-up of person- and community-centred approaches to health and wellbeing.
This guide outlines how the science of behaviour can help people to self-manage their health and...
This report shines a light on the challenges facing the NHS in improving the uptake of new ideas and...
You might also like...Go to the Realising the Value website
Health Foundation response to the government’s new Artificial Intelligence Award for health and...
A new £2.1m programme for partnerships developing collaborative communities where people, families,...
Research shows 88% of autistic people do not think their needs are understood by health...
Health Foundation @HealthFdn
Many groups at risk of deep and persistent poverty have been especially affected by #COVID19. @franksoodeen at… https://t.co/5n7mwmwBUkFollow us on Twitter
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more