- Q stands for quality. Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.
- We’re creating opportunities for people to come together as an improvement community – sharing ideas, enhancing skills and collaborating to make health and care better.
- Visit q.health.org.uk to find out more.
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK, led by the Health Foundation and supported and co-funded by NHS Improvement. With almost 2000 members Q continues to grow and by 2020 we anticipate a community of many more thousands.
Q’s mission is to foster continuous and sustainable improvement in health and care. We’re creating opportunities for people to come together as an improvement community – sharing ideas, enhancing skills and collaborating to make health and care better.
We are creating Q for the long term to support individuals and their existing improvement work, to benefit members’ organisations and the populations they serve. It is designed to complement and help connect other initiatives and networks.
Who is part of Q?
The Q community is made up of a diverse range of people, including those at the front line of health and social care, patient leaders, commissioners, managers, researchers, policymakers and others. This diversity boosts the power of Q as a source of innovation and practical problem solving.
Q was co-designed with founding members in 2015. This helps ensure Q is genuinely helpful to the diverse range of people leading improvement. Q will continue to evolve – being shaped with the community as it grows.
There are many reasons to join Q:
- Connect, share and learn with people from different disciplines and sectors, from across the UK to help create real change.
- Join a diverse community that brings together those from the front line of health and social care, patient leaders, managers, researchers, commissioners and policy makers and others.
- Tap into Q as a source of innovation and practical problem solving.
- Develop your improvement skills and help lead and develop others beyond Q.
- No membership fee.
- Let Q grow with you as your career progresses- participate in ways that fit with your life and improvement priorities
- Enjoy benefits including free online subscriptions, Q visits and inspiring events scheduled throughout the year.
- Get involved in other activities including special interest groups, Q Labs and Randomised Coffee Trials with others in the community. Find out more.
How to apply
Opportunities to join Q will reopen in spring 2018. Be the first to know when we are open to new applications by registering your interest.