Sciana: The Health Leaders Network
An initiative bringing together outstanding leaders in health and health care policy and innovation across Europe.
- We are looking for outstanding leaders in health and health care policy and innovation from across Europe to join the Sciana network.
- Sciana network provides the space and time to share learning and take inspiration from an international context.
- Each cohort will comprise 18 outstanding leaders, six each from Germany, Switzerland and the UK.
Sciana: The Health Leaders Network is an initiative bringing together outstanding leaders in health and health care policy and innovation across Europe.
The network provides members space to take inspiration and learning from across the globe, and time to share insights gained as well as their own experiences with peers, with whom they will work to address some of the shared challenges we are facing across Europe.
The Sciana network is supported by a partnership between the Health Foundation (UK), Careum Stiftung (Switzerland) and the Robert Bosch Stiftung (Germany) in collaboration with Salzburg Global Seminar.
The network is for leaders who share a deep commitment to quality, sustainability, universal coverage, and patient and community-centred care, nationally and internationally.
Their vision and collaboration, aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, is critically needed to respond to common issues, such as fiscal strains, demographic change, chronic diseases, digital transformation, patient centredness and migration.
Sciana aims to support high-calibre policy and health care leaders with their professional development and career goals.
The Sciana network offers three key dimensions of engagement:
- Personal learning from peers and faculty and support to take personal projects forward.
- Partnerships on a national and international as well as cross sectoral level.
- Opportunity to shape a ‘Sciana challenge’ which will guide cohort members to develop integrated solutions for each country’s health system.
- The Sciana network has up to eighteen members in each cohort, with six members selected by each foundation from the UK, Switzerland and Germany.
Members of the network include health policymakers and practitioners, as well as academics, journalists, elected officials, other public sector leaders or from business.
Each cohort attends four four-day gatherings over a two-year period at Salzburg Global Seminar, Salzburg, Austria.
International experts lead the workshops where members showcase and develop policy proposals, innovations and collaborate on joint projects.
The network activities are organised and coordinated by Salzburg Global Seminar.
Cohort 3 dates
Meeting 1: 15 – 18 May 2019
Meeting 2: 26 – 29 November 2019
Meeting 3: 10 – 14 May 2020
Meeting 4: 21 – 25 November 2020
If you have any questions about the Sciana network contact Astrid Koblmueller.
Work with us
We look for talented and passionate individuals as everyone at the Health Foundation has an important role to play.View current vacancies
The Q Community
Q is an initiative connecting people with improvement expertise across the UK.Find out more